You want to make the temper of a Bulgarian go from 0 to 100 in a few seconds? Well, here you go! These are the Top 10 ways to piss off a Bulgarian – quickly & effectively!
Please feel free to add more to the list in the comments below! We love to be pissed off!
❤ ❤ ❤
1. Ask us about what language we speak
– So, you Bulgarians speak Russian?
– But you use the Russian alphabet?
2. “Compliment” on our appearance
That’s a quick one.
– You look like Russian!
Oh, thank you very much, but I actually look like a Bulgarian.
3. TELL us we are gypsies
– There is this gypsy family that built a house near where I leave. I think they are Bulgarians?
Yes, all gypsies over the world are Bulgarians. But please continue.
– Correct me if I am wrong, but Bulgarians are gypsies, right?
Seriously? Time out please.
4. Talk politics
Specific topics we recommend you most certainly have to dive into:
- Macedonia. – Just say no more! Watch the word do the magic.
- How is your RELATIONSHIP with Turkey? – We just announced it on Facebook.
- Can you tell me a bit more about how’s life in a communist country? – Well, maybe you should tell me?
5. Don’t eat
You should go for this one if you want to piss off an ENTIRE BULGARIAN FAMILY.
Once invited to a family gathering and served the most delicious homemade Bulgarian food (which the 80-years-old grandma cooked all morning FOR YOU), say:
“I am not hungry, thanks.”
When they invite you to eat more, say:
“I don’t want, I am too full.”
Please refer to the image above. There’s no such thing as too full. End of story.
6. How about some Greek yogurt?
We looove to be lectured on the subject of Greek yogurt and feta cheese. Everyone ALL OVER the world seems to know more about these two than us. So, let’s discuss the origins of the words – GREEK; YOGURT; FETA! Where does the yogurt actually come from? Please tell us more.
7. Don’t take your shoes off
– Welcome to my home, my dear friend!
* Enters with the shoes on. *
Oh, you did not just do that.
8. Act as the king of Eastern Europe
You have successfully hopped on a plane and arrived in Eastern Europe. So now the most natural thing is that all girls will be yours. Just enter the club with the I-am-the-pimp-daddy-attitude and there you go!
9. Where actually is this magic land Bulgaria where all those leprechauns live?
We almost forgot this one! Where on the world map is Bulgaria? It’s in the Middle East? Orrr is it in Europe? I think it’s in Europe, right? Take your time dear.
A good one is when you are at the gate control at the airport and the guy who checks your ID turns to his colleagues and quietly says: “Psst! Is Bulgaria in the EU?”. We kind of find that funny though!
10. Hungary = Bulgaria
– Tell me more about Hungary!
Well, I don’t know… maybe you should tell me more about Hungary, because I am from BULGARIA!
What’s the moral of the story? Do your homework first. 😉
We have been pissed off more than once by situations like these, but in the end, we are writing this post with a smile on our faces and with lots of love. Because what we Bulgarians do best… is to simply laugh it off!
Thanks for reading and please feel free to add more things that piss you off. Let’s get pissed off together!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook 😉 Here: 99 lives